• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contract has conflicting dates, can I use that to get out?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mamawuwu123

I live in Minnesota.
My wife and I joined a health club on a one year contract. The payments were split into two 6 month parts.
We paid the first 6 months when we started.
We are not happy with the club now since most of the classes they had have been canceled. The contract does not specifically mention anything about classes, just that access to the club is provided.

We would like to cancel, but the contract indicates it can only be canceled after 1 payment is received on a specific date.
I did not notice when we signed, but the date listed for the 1 payemnt is dated Last year (June 2002).
There is another date that indicates the contract end date and that is listed as December 31, 2003.

Can the inconsistancy in the dates be used to get out?

The contract was signed by us and the sales person at the club. But he no longer works there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">