• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CONTRACT HELP NEEDED IN CENTRAL FLORIDA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

ctwtlw

April 16, 2001
FLORIDA

PLEASE HELP! My wife and I are at a total loss on this issue posted 4/14/2001. We purchased a new Toyota Truck with all paperwork and financing fully approved at the dealerhship. Six (6) days after the deal, the dealer calls and states that he made a financial error on the contract and indicated a negative trade-in value which resulted in him actually losing $1600 on the deal. The contract we assigned agreed to give us $1300 trade-in on a car we owed $2900 on to the bank. The dealer also agreed to fully pay-off the $2900 to the bank as part of the deal to buy.

Unfortunately, the dealer FORGOT to include the negative $1600 (2900 minus the 1300 trade) into the final deal. Now, they want us to sign a new contract with the $1600 added back in to the cost of the vehicle.

The dealer has thretened to withhold our Florida Tags and to NOT pay-off the trade vehicle unless we re-sign. They have also already taken the trade-in to the auto auction and cannot get it back.

My contention is that we do not have to re-sign the deal and the dealer must pay-off the trade amount owed and give us our Florida vehicle tags.

PLEASE HELP!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">