• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contract language

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lockerinform

What is the name of your state? I am in Washington DC

Before I rented my UHaul truck, I viewed a webpage named "Don't use Uhaul" , full of horror stories, and with instructions on how the originator successfully sued UHaul for not honoring his reservation of a truck.

I wrote to UHaul and expressed my concerns. They wrote back and pretty much assured me I had nothing to worry about. Does that email create a warranty?

My truck was available as reserved, but it broke down TWICE on the day I rented it. I did not get the full use of the vehicle for the time I had rented it. It took a couple hours each time to get it up and running again. Because of these delays, I was unable to pick up a piece of furniture, and it cost me $50 to have it delivered instead.

I complained to UHaul and they offered me $20 worth of coupons for moving supplies like boxes, which I no longer need. Does that offer constitute an acknowldegement of liability?

The contract I signed seems to say that UHaul is not liable for any losses incurred due to breakdowns. Can I sue?

Washington DC.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">