• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

contract law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

netz287

What is the name of your state? alabama
i sold a car to my sister for $1200.she took possession 3/15/03. the written agreement was for her to pay 12 consecutive monthly pmts of $100 beginning 4/3/03 and ending 3/3/04. wrote her out a bill of sale and gave her title so she could get tag. she pawned title while in possession of car, i know this because the bonding company called trying to locate her or the car for settlement of their contract. she made first pmt to me on my contract on 4/3/03 and i did not here from her again until 7/21/03 when she returned car saying she no longer wanted it.she completely trashed car, including needs new transmission, now worth probabaly $300. after she signed agreement to pay me for car, her boyfriend rec'd settlement on disabililty and purchased her a newer and nicer car, she then went on vacation for two weeks before returning car to me. what are my rights legally and what should i do

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

netz287 said:
What is the name of your state? alabama
i sold a car to my sister for $1200.she took possession 3/15/03. the written agreement was for her to pay 12 consecutive monthly pmts of $100 beginning 4/3/03 and ending 3/3/04. wrote her out a bill of sale and gave her title so she could get tag. she pawned title while in possession of car, i know this because the bonding company called trying to locate her or the car for settlement of their contract. she made first pmt to me on my contract on 4/3/03 and i did not here from her again until 7/21/03 when she returned car saying she no longer wanted it.she completely trashed car, including needs new transmission, now worth probabaly $300. after she signed agreement to pay me for car, her boyfriend rec'd settlement on disabililty and purchased her a newer and nicer car, she then went on vacation for two weeks before returning car to me. what are my rights legally and what should i do

My response:

You do what any contract holder would do - - you sue her for the deficiency and breach of contract in Small Claims court. She signed a contract. All because she returned the car doesn't invalidate the contract. Hold her fingers to the fire and make her responsible for the things she signs.

Simple.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">