• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contract Law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

synnove

3 years ago I entered into a 5 year contract with a home security alarm company in California. I have since then been told that they (the alarm company) cannot hold me to more than a 2 year contract for monitoring services in this state. I would like to cancel this contract if possible, and wanted to know if there was any truth to this.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

synnove said:
3 years ago I entered into a 5 year contract with a home security alarm company in California. I have since then been told that they (the alarm company) cannot hold me to more than a 2 year contract for monitoring services in this state. I would like to cancel this contract if possible, and wanted to know if there was any truth to this.
My response:

I could not find any such limitation under the California Home Alarm Company Act, at Business & Professions Code section 7590, et seq.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">