• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contract Law/new Car Sales

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MLFISCH

Calif. law does not allow a cooling off period in the purchase of
a new car. A portion of the contract I just signed deals only with
dealer's accessories package, for which I have been given nothing
in writing to explain/detail this package. This package obligates
me to return the car to the dealer on a yearly basis to keep the
"dealers warranty" valid. Do I have the 3 day right of recission
because this was NOT explained and I have NO written document
ation explaining what I am paying for?

racer72

The 3 day cooling off period only applies to contracts signed "in home". If the car salesman came to your home and sold you a car, it would apply. The dealers warranty applies only to dealer installed options. Because the dealer is the one that will pick up the tab if something the dealer installed goes bad, they want you to bring in the car once a year to keep his warranty in effect. You should have received a copy of the dealers invoice and it will list any and all dealer installed options. The questions about the dealer warranty and what it covers is something you should have asked at the time you were signing the paperwork. I would go back to the dealer and have the warranty explained in detail. The dealer did nothing wrong that could cause the deal to be voided.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">