• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contract for moving cancellation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

scorpion

California.
I contracted an individual (not company to help me move). Upon initially contacting him he gave me an estimate and told me he needed the job because bookings were low due rain. When I called him back to offer him the job he raised the fee. I agreed. The following day he called and said he had thought about it some more he wanted more money. At this time I was apprehensive; but, I needed to get moved. So we agreed we'd put the fee in writing. All it stated was the amount I was supposed to pay him upon the completion of the move. We both signed. In the meantime I got a great estimate from the a mover. So I called him the day prior to the move to cancel. He wanted to bid again. I declined. He claimed he lost jobs because he was committed to mine. He is threatening to take me to court. I offered him a 10% cancellation fee. If he does take me to court how much canhe get if anything?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">