• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is a contract over with a breach?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Sharon

Our property manager breached our management contract in NC. According to the contract, if I wanted to terminate our services with her, it was to be done with a 60 day written notice. Do I still have to do it that way, or can I fire her effective immediately since she breached our contract? (failed to file for eviction when instructed to)

L

loku

If the manager had a duty to file for eviction when instructed under your contract with her, then she did breach the contract and you can terminate the contract for that reason. However, if she wanted to fight it, you would have to prove your case. It may be simpler to give the 60 day notice if there is no particular reason not to wait the 60 days.

S

Sharon

I see. I have the email instructing her to file. and I have her reply, saying that she would rather wait.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">