• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contract problems with Broker

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lhasa apso love

What is the name of your state? Nevada

I am a realtor with a contract to pay monthly rent to my Broker. I sent out my regular March $100 payment via mail. I sent out the April payment via mail, May, June, etc. Unknown to me the Broker never received the March payment. My April payment was applied to March, May to April, etc. But April, May, June were all billed a $145.00 late fee. I received a phone call on Fri, June27, stating I owed $750.00 in late fees. Does my Broker have a duty to notify me in late March of non-payment. Do I have to pay the excessive late fees when I did not know there was any problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

HomeGuru

lhasa apso love said:
What is the name of your state? Nevada

I am a realtor with a contract to pay monthly rent to my Broker. I sent out my regular March $100 payment via mail. I sent out the April payment via mail, May, June, etc. Unknown to me the Broker never received the March payment. My April payment was applied to March, May to April, etc. But April, May, June were all billed a $145.00 late fee. I received a phone call on Fri, June27, stating I owed $750.00 in late fees. Does my Broker have a duty to notify me in late March of non-payment. Do I have to pay the excessive late fees when I did not know there was any problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
**A: read your IA contract.

L

lhasa apso love

I guess my question is...was my Broker responsible to notify in March that my payment was not received. If he had, I would have paid March in March. I would not have been "late" in subsequent months. I also wrote in the memo part of the checks April for April, May for May. Is he allowed to apply April to March?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">