• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contract Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

t-mommy25

What is the name of your state? Louisiana

I bought a certified used car 7 months ago (that I did not really want). I had the car a week and a half and pieces of the motor fell off, the car was under warrenty (I tried giving the car back and they would not take it back.). The car was fixed and re-certified (Currently it works fine).

Looking over the contract and crunching the numbers I noticed that my car note is approximately $2 more than it should be. Legally what are my options? Do you think I have some type of case against them to return the car especially since I may have to resign the contract? Is the ball in my court per say?

It just makes me angry that this may have and is happening to others. In 5 years they will have received $100 extra from me (just imagine a small percentage of car buyers using this finance company each paying an extra $100 over a five year period).

What can/should I do prior to contacting the finance company?

drago

What you should do

You should realize that the car is yours.

You should realize that your time is probably worth more than
$2/month.

The finance company has way more experience than you at this
and even if they are wrong they will convince you that they are right.

You are currently "upside down" on this deal and will remain so for years.

You probably have a simple interest loan and will benefit greatly
if you pay an extra $10/month. Do the math and you will see that you will lose your "upside down" status and pay off your car much sooner and your total investment in your car will be much less.

In the future never finance a used car for more than 3 years.
People who finance for longer are buying cars they cannot afford.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">