• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

contract question, please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kitty44

What is the name of your state? ok
in 1999 i signed a hand written contract with a friend stating that i would make pymts to their credit card for a computer. in exchange for making the pymts i would have it in my posession. there was no set amt of time i was to make the pymts nor did it state i was to pay the card off. the contract did specifically state that if at any time i was no longer able to make pymts i just had to return the computer to the friend. i need to return it to them now. is there any way i can be forced to keep it or any legal action the friend can take against me?

L

loku

According to the interpretation of the contract you posted, all you have to do is return the computer and you would be relieved of liability; however, the contract itself gives all your rights and obligations, so be sure you have read all the terms that could possibly be applicable to this situation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">