• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contract rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

ERROS

What is the name of your state? PA

:confused:
I bought a car 2 years ago. I made payments to the bank the first year. The whole time the bank didn't know that I had a loan with them so they never cashed my checks. Or credited my payments towards the loan amount.

What I found out is that, a year later, the Financial person at the car dealership quit and the dealership lost the paper work. I was asked to resign the contract a year later.

However, now I'm trying to trade the vehicle in. I still owe 9,000 on the car because of not being credited for the first years payment. In all, I would of only owned 6 or 7 thousand on the car.

That would alow me to receive a better trade in amount with the new dealer that I'm trying to purchase from.

Do I have any legal rights, here?

I really would appreciate any assistance that somebody may provide.

Thank you

X

XQQS US

WELL ...
If they never cashed the checks, you should still have the money in your account. But I'm sure that you have spent it by now...I would have too.

I really don't think that you can sue the lender for giving you 1 full year of no payments. Are they charging you late fees and accrued interest for the past year? That could be ugly.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">