• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

contract says 8 cylinder, I have a 6 cylinder

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

Kevin Killoren

Missouri, I purchased a 2001 f-150 ex cab pickup believing it was an 8 cylinder. 6000 miles after puchase I found out that it was a 6 clyinder. The vehicle invoice has it as an 8 cylinder, the pink slip (application for title) has it as an 8 cylinder, Ford Motor credit has it as an 8 cylinder, and the Department of Motor Vehicles has it listed as an 8 cylinder.
Is this a breach of contract? If so what are my legal right's? Am I liable for the payments on the wrong vehicle, or does the dealer have to refund my money for all the expenses I've incurred on this vehicle including trade in, payments, and accessories added since puchase.

L

loku

Wrong engine

This is a breach of contract. You should be able to rescind the contract, which means you could return the vehicle and get a refund with some allowance made for the miles you drove it.

Another option a court would probably allow is for you to get an 8 cylinder vehicle from the dealer and have the payments you made credited to your account, probably with an allowance made for miles driven.

The third option would be that the dealer reimburse you for the difference in cost between the 6 and 8 cylinder cars.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">