• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

contract to settle taxes with irs (offer and compromise)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

adman

i paid several thousand dollars to a firm that boast" settle with the irs for pennies on the dollar". i waited over three years, calling every month. my offer was rejected by the irs seven times, each time because the offer was on the wrong form, missing signature, incorrect information, needed more information etc. these so called cpa's, tax professionals and retired irs agents will not refund my money and in the meantime i settled with the irs all by myself. i was told by the ris agent handeling my case that their calls were left unreturned.(Just like mine) do i have a case in small claims court? the contract i signed says there are no guarnatees as to what the irs will settle for and i understand that, but the service i received was non existant and we never got to that point.

L

loku

Offer in compromise

If you can prove that they were negligent in their work, then you would be entitled to your money back and for compensation for any loss their negligence cost you. They owe clients a duty to perform their service in a reasonable manner. That means they must perform up to the standards of similar services. From what you say, they did not.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">