• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

contract trouble

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jchana800

I live in TX and need help. My husband bought a big screen television on a special nothing down and make no payments till January 2003 deal. We don't have the greatest credit, so I was surprised when he was approved. They delivered the tv the next day and we have had it in our house for a little more than a month. We sold our other tv and made some changes in our home to accomodate the big screen. Yesterday, a man from the store where we purchased the tv called and said that the "wrong approval code" had been keyed in and we were no longer approved. We called the lender and they said they never issued an approval code and that the fault lay with the store itself. What can we do? We can't find a co-signer, my husbands dad offered, but he's retired and pays cash for everything, so has no active credit. Any suggestions out there?
Many thanks!

JETX

Pretty simple.... do you want to keep the TV and pay as agreed, or do you want to return the TV??

Send them a letter (Certified RRR) and tell them that you have a valid contract and intend to abide by it, as you expect them to do.
However, if you are interested, you might be willing to negotiate cancelling the contract, but they need to advise you with their offer.

Trust me, if this were reversed they would insist that YOU abide by the contract!

J

jchana800

contract

Thanks for responding! My father in law offered to be a co signor on the tv but they have rejected him as he has no active credit (the man pays cash for everything, even his cars, is 73 yrs old) I do want to keep the tv. I'm willing to make payments, even starting now,( we were supposedly approved for the no money down, no payment for 16 months) but they say no! We got rid of our old tv and have had this one for a month. It seems to me that as it was their mistake, they should be figuring out what to do rather than just demanding the tv back. I'll try the letter, but not sure what to say.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">