• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contract Validation (General)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jshimek

I am writing a contract with my future roommate about who will pay what part of the rent, and utilities. My question is, is a written (typed) contract valid and would it stand up in a court of law should she not pay her half?
Thank you.
Jaime Shimek

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

jshimek said:
I am writing a contract with my future roommate about who will pay what part of the rent, and utilities. My question is, is a written (typed) contract valid and would it stand up in a court of law should she not pay her half?
Thank you.
Jaime Shimek
My response:

Theoretically, yes. But, it all depends on how it's written, and whether you have stated, and agreed to, all the necessary elements of a contract.

If you're not accustomed to writing contracts, I would suggest that, instead of writing one yourself, you run a search of the Internet and see what examples are out their that you can "massage" to your particular situation.

Good luck.

IAAL

[Edited by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE on 06-15-2001 at 03:24 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">