• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contract warranties

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Tony Bells

What is the name of your state? New York
As a licensed contractor I installed a flat roof cover material as a reroof in July2000, homeowner failed to pay balance of contract work, in November 2000, I filed a civil suit to recover moneys owed. In January 2001, homeowner in a cursury mention to me they had a roof leak, I responded in writing telling homeowner to inform me when conditions permit inspection. Homeowner never notified me thereafter and refused to have my insurance investigator inspect alleged damage. Homeowner subsequently in April /May 2002 files suit for breech of warranty. I believe the Magnuson Moss Act gives some protections to contractors regarding notification of warranty issues but all my research has not found this information. I searched the UCC but had no luck. I would appreciate any help. Final day of trial is Friday 13, 2002 I could really use some help. Thanking you in advance

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">