• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

contract, and what to do

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jeniferhorn

Briefly,
my dance troupe is about to inter into a contract w/ the Texas Renaissance Festival--
to problem-
as of right now, we are not filed as an indepentant troupe w/ a DBA, and everything.
As TRF would be working it, they have control over members already a part ofthe tropue and saying a member may not perform.
My question is by signing the contract, do we as a troupe sign away our rights to Loch Dhu, giving the person that is Entertainment Director complete control of what we do there, as well as outside of TRF.

A clause in the TRF contract reads, Ownership: the festival reserves ownership and all rights to any pictures, film, television or promotional data it originate or aquires which involves the performer.

As independantly, contracted personnel of TRF, in turn making us the performer of the above part of contract, does that entail that any other work done, can be used by TRF saying that we are acting as members representing TRF.
thanks, Jenifer

L

loku

Dance troupe

I don't know what Loch Dhu is, so I can't say anything about that, but the clause in the TRF contract that you reproduced gives TRF the rights to anything your troup does for or in connection with TRF; however, it gives them no rights to anything you do that is not connected with TRF.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">