• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contractor failing contract - my rights?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

TIrons

What is the name of your state? New Jersey.

I contracted a gen contractor to side my house 2+ months ago. He told me it would take 10 days to complete. There have been some bad weather days, but for the past 3 weeks 4/5 days a week are fine to work. He has given me every excuse in the book as to why he isn't coming. He gave me such a low quote, he is now getting busy with jobs he can charge more money for. He is putting my house off and working the other homes. This would not be a problem but I've requested him on at least 4 seperate occasions to tell me when he is coming so I can take my dog to the kennel. It costs me $20 p/d to take her, otherwise she would flip out if someone was outside pounding on the side of "her" house. He has promised to come every day it is nice. I take her based on the weather. On 5 occasions I've taken her. No show from contractor. Now I want out of this deal b/c he is costing me money because of his inability to pick up the phone to call me and tell me he is or isn't coming.

What can I do to break this contract and get my money back?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">