• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

contractor foul up

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jbluestein

What is the name of your state? California

We had a contractor stain the railings and wood support of our deck. Unfortunately, his workers were very sloppy spilling and dripping stain all over our deck, and some on the metal furniture.

Our deck is made of timber-tech, a material made from plastic and wood. Stain and paint is unnecessary on this product. We tried all the remedies for removing the "clear" stain, but, to no avail. I'm afraid I'll need to stain the rest of the deck to match his mistakes....

What is the liability of this contractor? He has offered the labor to entirely stain the deck, but since the matterial doesn't need it, why would I stain it? Also, I am loathe to have his team back at our place. He has also offered the labor to replace the deck, which I would never have him do.

Can I expect him to pay for a new deck? Can I expect him to pay another contractor to stain the deck? I'm not even sure he has insurance.

I don't know what my rights are in this case.

Please advise, thanks in advance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">