• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contractor Negligence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sellis186

I hired a contractor in September of 2015 to finish the basement of my grandmothers house. We signed a contract saying the project will be completed in 2 weeks and I would pay him in installments upon satisfaction. It is now February 2016 and I have paid him a full $20,400 and the project is still not complete. My bathroom plumbing resulted in feces being flushed up in and settling in the bathtub. How ? I have no clue. There is already mold behind my kitchen sink, which in combination with the state of the bathroom, I believe has contributed to my current health problems. My stairs are literally falling apart. There are holes and gaps in the walls. There are a number of things wrong. This is where I "live". I've spoken to him multiple times and he says I'll be his first priority . That has not been the case. He comes maybe 1 day out of the week if he ever comes at all, and when he does come to work, it's late at night(8pm-12midnight). Again, I feel he just doesn't care anymore about actually finishing this project to my satisfaction because I already paid him in full. He would tell me sob stories about how he didn't know how he was gonna feed his family that month and things like that, and I fell for it. My question is, is there anything I can do about it?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">