• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is a contractor responsible for a sub-contractor?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mitchelt

Colorado

I'm curious if anyone knows if a contractor is responsible for a sub-contractor?

I have a signed letter from the contractor that acknowledges the fact that they use this particular sub-contractor.

The contract is signed between me and the sub, but the only way the sub and I could have met was through the main contractor. The main contractor made himself "visible" to me, via the use of a "job-contractor" matching service, ServiceMagic.com

I contacted servicemagic.com , they let you list the job you want done, they then contact 10 contractors that subscribe to there service.

The first 3 contractors that say they are interested have to go through a check, and double-check to make sure they are interested, because they get charged $20.00.

I got an e-mail on behalf of the contractor that they where interested, they then sent the sub contractor.

Mitch

Last edited:

C

CaliCat

What kind of problem are you claiming that you are asking?

The contract is signed between me and the sub
There you go. If you signed the contact with the contracter who sent the sub, then the contractor is. But you signed with the sub.

mitchelt

This is what is wrong:

- He applied so much stain to the frames that there are dried drip marks on them

- There is are some steel wool fibers stuck to the frames (he applied stain over them)

- The color is not consistent

- Due to the heavy coats of stain he was using, it dripped on the walls and floor boards

- He abonded the doors and drawers that where supposedly completed on my garage driveway. The doors and drawers are no were near finished. Some are sanded, some aren't, and they look like they have one coat of stain on them that was applied with a wet sponge.

If the contractor is not liable for the sub in this case, then I wonder if I can call the contractor as a witness against the sub? The contractor is the father of the sub.

I wonder if this is something I should take to small-claims court or civil-court, what do you think?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">