• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

contractor skipped out

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jleho

What is the name of your state? Illinois

A contractor we hired to build us a fence has not shown up to finish it in over 3 weeks. He is 6 weeks overdue on the completion date from the contract. We still owe him about 40% of the total contracted amount. I am having trouble finding another contractor to finish the job. My only other alternative is to finish it myself, which would take alot of my time to learn how to do it and actually get it done. We are hearing that this contractor has also done this to other clients. Are we wasting our time suing him, or is there another avenue to pursue?

HomeGuru

jleho said:
What is the name of your state? Illinois

A contractor we hired to build us a fence has not shown up to finish it in over 3 weeks. He is 6 weeks overdue on the completion date from the contract. We still owe him about 40% of the total contracted amount. I am having trouble finding another contractor to finish the job. My only other alternative is to finish it myself, which would take alot of my time to learn how to do it and actually get it done. We are hearing that this contractor has also done this to other clients. Are we wasting our time suing him, or is there another avenue to pursue?
**A: when you contacted the state contractor's license board, what did they tell you to do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">