• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

contractor vs sub

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bbb222

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? nj
I was contracted buy a contractor to build custom cabinets for a home he is renovating. I am unable to complete job do to financial reasons. Home owner is emailing me she wants deposit back from me but I never had a contract with her. The contractor has told her he wold credit her account with him for the deposit she gave him and I would work with him on what he gave me. The contractor has also stated that even if I gave him lump sum of the deposit he would not give it to her because she owes him more than that to date. She has threatened that she will go to the authorities against me personally if I do not return her money to her directly. Does she have a case against me or the contractor.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">