• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

contractor will not install granite after ir broke it trying to install

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

macksgrl426

What is the name of your state?PA
Our independent contractor who is paid in full has not completed the job which we were told would take two weeks. We ordered granite counters, he came out measured, templated and said if we pay cash the job can be done sooner and we obliged. That was over 6wks. ago. He called the say the granite was in and he needed full payment to deliver. My husband met him at the granite place and saw the color was not what we originally ordered. They deducted $400 off the total price and we accepted the second color. The contractor arrived with one guy to install the granite. He was paid $500 for installing it as part of the total we had already paid in full. The peice was too large and too heavy for the two of them so he asked my husband to help carry the granite. They got it into the kitchen and the granite broke as the three of them were holding it, (crashed on the floor breaking 2 of out newly installed ceramic tiles). The contractor said he would take care of it and would be in touch. They loaded the pieces on the truck and he left. They can not get us the same color so my husband and I went to the marble place and picked another color for the same price.(even swap). The marble guy tells us the contractor still has not paid him for the granite so he will not cut it for us yet. The contractor then calls us to say he needs more money $400 to complete the job. He has called us 3 times with different reasons why he needs more money. We talk to the granite guy and he says he isnt charging the contractor anymore than the original deal. What can we do to get our granite. Do I pay the marble guy to install ($1500 so I am out $1000 more than what I was originally gonna pay and sue the contractor for the rest.) We dont know what our options are. I dont feel we should have to pay anymore money.... HELP>>>>>>>>>

shortbus

The contractor owes you the job he promised you at the price he promised you. If he refuses to do it, hire the marble guy to finish the install and sue the contractor in small claims for the extra costs incurred.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">