• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

contractor won't accept a coupon, their ad says they will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jimbored

What is the name of your state? OR

I had a plumbing problem so I got a quote. Then called them back and they came out to do the job. At the time they presented the contract I presented a coupon for 10% off from their compeitor. The plumber's add says "competitors coupons accepted". But the guy balked and said he didn't think he could take it and he'd call his boss. I signed the contract with the understanding that he'd get clearance on the coupon. Now that the work is done they are still refusing to take the coupon.

FIrst question: if the ad says "competitors coupons accepted" can they then pick and choose which ones they want to take? That doesn't seem right.

Second question, am I out of luck here since I signed the contract?

shortbus

You can take them to small claims court for the value of the discount. The ad says they'll accept a coupon. The fact that you signed a contract that didn't mention the coupon is not great, but not fatal to your claim either.

djohnson

The problem may be in what else the ad or the coupon says. Usually there is an expiration date or a mile radius or licensed or some qualifying remark. If not I could make coupons all day.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">