• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

contracts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Z

ZoeMackenzie

What is the name of your state? Michigan
Hello, About 5 months ago I started working for a new company.I signed a contract . As of last week the owner changed most of our policies and commision structure. In the contract it says she has the right to make reasonible changes & the business is to be soley through home parties. Now she lowered our commisions from 50% to 25 -40% depending on the item. She lowered the prices on some products. Dropped our recruting incentive,decided we have to pay sales tax,print our own catalog,cannot accept credit cards unless we get our own merchant account. Now we have to pay 25$ a month to maintain our website we didn't agree to . Our focus is now on the web site when we are supposed to do home parties and she doesn't know what we will get on the web site. So I want to open my own business but in the contract it says I will have no affilation with another compant similar to this one for one year. So is the contract void?Please help!!;)
Desi

HomeGuru

ZoeMackenzie said:
What is the name of your state? Michigan
Hello, About 5 months ago I started working for a new company.I signed a contract . As of last week the owner changed most of our policies and commision structure. In the contract it says she has the right to make reasonible changes & the business is to be soley through home parties. Now she lowered our commisions from 50% to 25 -40% depending on the item. She lowered the prices on some products. Dropped our recruting incentive,decided we have to pay sales tax,print our own catalog,cannot accept credit cards unless we get our own merchant account. Now we have to pay 25$ a month to maintain our website we didn't agree to . Our focus is now on the web site when we are supposed to do home parties and she doesn't know what we will get on the web site. So I want to open my own business but in the contract it says I will have no affilation with another compant similar to this one for one year. So is the contract void?Please help!!;)
Desi
**A: please don't tell me this is one of those network/multi-level marketing or work at home earn money type companies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">