• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

contracts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jumpingfran

What is the name of your state? New York

I am a practicing physical therapist/ athletic trainer, and recently signed a contract in a dojo (karate academy) which limits me to no teaching of physicl fitness, sports activities, martial arts and yoga, that are taught at the academy within 50 miles of the school, as well as for 10 years. This includes any facilitiy, health club, dancing studio, martial arts school, gyms or privacy of my own home. The problem is that in the next month or so, I am in the process of opening up my own office with another partner who is also an athletic trainer. I have 3 days to cancel this contract. my question is...is this legal, can a karate school enforce such a contract, and if so, is it in my best interest to cancel this contract.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">