• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contracts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alicenay

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ColoradoWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I signed a contract with a roofing company to do all work inside and outside my home. They sent over a "contractor" for the inside and he was told by them he was only getting paid $300 to do over $1000 of work. I then hired my own contractor for the inside. The roofing company put the exact dollar amount on the contract that the insurance company was going to pay to have my roof replaced, and then put a product on that only cost $1000 with parts and labor. Am I liable to pay them what the insurance company was going to pay to replace the roof or did they breach the whole contract by me finding my own inside person to do the work.

QSTERLING

you should pay the outside guy what the insurance company paid you. if you have the money, pay them. His inside guy did no work, so you owe them nothing. that's how i see it from your info. i was trying to follow your story.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">