• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

contracts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gonn75

I am listed as a joint owner on the title and registration of a vehicle as I put the initial $1500 down for the downpayment. the other person took out the loan for this vehicle. the agreement was that once the $1500 was repaid, I would relinquish ownership.
This other person has since traded in the vehicle for another without my consent or knowledge and never paid me back. The dealership has had this vehicle on their lot for the last 7 months as they cannot sell it without my signature. As the dealership will not re-imburse my initial investment, am I still the legal owner? Can I legally go to the dealership and retrieve this vehicle? I would assume they would have legal recourse against the other person to recoup the money they spent to payoff the car loan. Am I correct?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">