• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

controling ex

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

toottoot

What is the name of your state? georgia

when my husband divorced his ex wife, there was a dental loan that was incurred while they were married. she was the primary signer and he was the cosigner. he paid over $2000 on the loan and she paid $900 on the loan. she paid it off if he would pay her back. a judge drew up an agreement and they both signed it. since then, the judge killed himself and she is taking him back to court. she had become very bitter since i, the present wife, told her i would lock her up for harrasment against me. there was nothing set forth by their divorce decree. does he really have to pay her back?:confused:

djohnson

If he was court ordered to to pay her back, and by signing and the judge ordering it. Yes he has to pay it back. The judge being dead has no bearing on the cases he heard prior to that. If your theory was correct then there would be a lot of people still married ( like your husband). It doesn't work that way. She can take him back to court and he can be in trouble if he is failing to follow a court ordered payment.

T

toottoot

the payment was not court ordered. it was drawn up by him and the judge trying to be nice.

djohnson

Are you saying he and the judge were friends and they just wrote something on the side? If she has a copy of what was written even if the above case is true and it wasn't a legal court order, she can use that copy as a contract and he would still have to pay. I think though you maybe misinterpreting what this actually was. I bet it's legal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">