• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cooling Off Rule

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jdnmt

What is the name of your state? North Carolina
A salesman came to our house and we signed a contract to purchase a pool. The next day we decided against it and overnight through UPS sent a cancellation to the company. At the time the salesman was at our house we gave him 500 dollars, now the company is saying that they will not refund my money until I send them a copy of front and back of the check. The thing is I don't get a statement until next month. The cooling off rule states they have to return my money within 10 days, the company is saying on the back of the contract they put that they will not rufund until they get a copy of the check. Which is correct the federal law or does there rule override the federal law. If they have to wait for a copy of the check they will have had my money for over 6 weeks. The company is located in Nevada. Please help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">