• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Corporation Law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

txmoldy

What is the name of your state?
texas

i hired a contractor to do mold remediation/rebuild at my home. I have paid him $20,000 to this date. he has since fired his whole crew, including the field manager, which claimed to employed by the company. all work has stopped and the owner refused to return unused funds (approx. $12,000). the owner of the company is saying that the crew were independent contractors not employees of his company. i have been presented two different business cards, one represents the company as being incorporated since 1953 with the field managers name and the other without the incorporation id. through fact finding i have discovered that they are not incorporated in the state of texas, but in the state of indiana. in fact there are no records of any kind that this company even exists in the state of texas. Does his corporate shield follow him from state to state? would this be considered deceptive trade practices? do i have any legal recourse?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">