• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

cosigned on a loan

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

frogprincess

I live in Utah. I stupidly cosigned on a loan for a frien, or so I thought, because he told me he would refinance in 6 months and have my name removed. The title is only in his name, but I am listed as primary on the loan. It has been 2 years, and he has made everysingle payment late and is currently 2 months behind. He also neglects to keep insurance on the vehicle, and took 4 months to register the vehicle last year. first ? do I have any rights in getting this car reposed? and if causes a car accident during a time when he is not insured, can I be sued by the people he hit, or am i safe atleast in that regards because i am not on the title? I know I am responsible for the loan, but am i responsible for the vehicle?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">