• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Coupon - Rights?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CJack

I just moved into a new apartment. The apartment managemnet had a coupon published in a rental magazine this summer offering $100 off the first months rent. After signing the lease the apartment manager said the coupon was old and would not respect it. The coupon does not have an expiration date. I know there are laws stating companies have to respect such published agreements, but where do I find those laws written down?

Thanx,

CJack

J

JudgeJudy

Errr....in a legal library! Try a local university...but remember, finding every applicable statute isn't always that simple (why do you think lawyers get paid so much? they're good looks???? not!!).

More pressing...why did you sign a lease, and THEN present the coupon? That was a knuckle hea move in the first place. Also, does the coupon state anything about "check with so-and-so" for details?

Bad move for you....looks like you either shame the management company into giving you the lousy c note, or you eat it. ANYTIME you are dealing with a lease, get EVERYTHING in WRITING!!!!!

Very, very basic stuff. Watch 2 days of Judge Judy and you are sure to see.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">