• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Crack in Refrigerator-Freezer under warranty

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gitel

What is the name of your state? CA
I recently purchased a brand new condo that came with new GE appliances. The side-by-side refrigerator-freezer now has a crack in the interior side wall of the freezer, running from the front to the back. The GE Tech says I need a new refrigerator. GE says its cosmetic, so they won't replace it. I've written a letter and gotten no where. They say they've offered to extend the warranty for 3 months. I never was informed of that.

What recourse do I have to get a new refrigerator? Don't they have to honor the warranty beyond the normal time now that a problem has been identified?

D

dadrummer

Although GE's contention is this is cosmetic if I were you I would be concerned about how the crack happened. Things just don't crack for no reason. More likely then not this is just a section which should be able to be replaced with no problem. I would be really concerned if refrigeration lines are located in the wall where the crack occurred. Regardless, if the integrity of the wall lining has been damaged the overall cooling capabilities and energy efficiency of this refigerator will be compromised.

To reach this conclusion no refrigeration tech is needed. It's a common sense thing.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">