• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Crazy Dog Lady won't talk to me or give back money

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

ciaderosa

What is the name of your state? Michigan

I already posted the story behind this one on an earlier post called "How do I get money back from a verbal contract?" Which no one has replied to.

Now my question is - the crazy dog lady hangs up on me when I call, returned my certified letter unopened, and is impossible to reach. I gave my dog away. Can she really just keep $148.00 without doing anything in exchange? At this point, even if I wanted to take her services, or offer them to someone else, (which I don't, because she's nutzo!) I couldn't tell her.

Help!!!

Or, should I go into business for myself, charge $148.00 an hour and then refuse to answer customer complaints?

K

kwatson122

What a crazy story!! Anyway, just thought i would say, I think being $$screwed$$ is my middle name! I think you got screwed on this one...why didnt you do a stop payment on the check, then issue a new one for the $35 consultation..plus what ever it was for the first class...that's what I would have done...consider yourself lucky that it wasnt any more $$

Maybe one of the nice gentlemen(women too) on this board can offer you more..I dont know any legal stuff, they know all of that!

C

ciaderosa

crazy dog lady

Thanks for the empathy - I would have certainly put a stop on the check - but she had cashed it immediately. I gave to her on Monday night - called her Friday (Xmas in between) and she had already cashed it.

I wish someone would just tell me if I have a chance in small claims court. I read somewhere in this web site that a contract might be broken if circumstances change that are not the fault of either party (i.e., the dog biting my son again - thus hastening his departure), but it's not referenced to any legal citation. I've been reading through the Michigan Consumer Protection Act and have not found anything regarding refund policies. And the BBB says its the customers responsibility to ask about refund policies beforehand. Still, there must be some wiggle room for crazy situations like this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">