• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

credit card apr

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Lynda McKenzie

I live in pa, and on 09/99 I did a balance transfer with First Usa with the following terms:
introductory rate of 3.9%
fixed rate of 9.99% thereafter.
now i have noticed that my rate has actually varied within months of my signing with them...currently it has been increased to 12.99%.
i have called cust. service only to be told that credit card companies are allowed to adjust their rates according to market rates after notifying their customers. i do not recall any such notification, and, can they adjust a rate that they told me would be fixed at 9.99%?
I would appreciate any advice. thanks

L

lawrat

Never ever state the name of a business or person on this site.

As to your fixed rate, check the small print. They have wide latitude to change the terms of the contract and rate.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">