• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

credit card fraud?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fire1ss

What is the name of your state? I live in NJ
I have been seperated from my wife since 11/1/03. I recently found out that she opened a credit card account with all of my information in July 2004 and ran up almost $1000.00 without paying. She used all of my information except for her email and mailing address. The account is now in collection. That is how I found out about it. They called me at work. When I checked into it and found out what happened they told me it was a domestic problem and not a fraud issue. How do I proceed. I have tried to call her but she will not call me back. Any advice would help.

djohnson

I would start by asking them to send you verification that you signed the application. When you have that and it's not your signature, file stolen ID with the police. You will then have a record to send back to the CC company.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">