• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Credit Card Insurance -

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tracym_90

I am from Ohio... and here is my problem:
My husband normally takes care of the bills, last month I got to looking at one of the statements from Chase Bank (credit card) and noticed they charged $20 for some kind of credit insurance. I know I NEVER authorized it. I looked back at my other statements and they have been charging me since back in the year 2000!! I called them and she said their records showed that I authorized it 6/01 I told her about my past statements and she just said they would send me proof of enrollment in 6 - 8 weeks which will tell if I authorized over the phone or by mail. That was 8 weeks ago today.... I called them again today because I didn't receive the proof of enrollment and because they credited me only $47!!! I don't have all my statements but I am figuring they owe me nearly $200. I know that's not TONS of money, but what really ticks me off is that they enrolled me in that without authorization from me! Chase beat around the bush and said there is nothing they can do and told me to call some 800 # for American Bankers Insurance.... they gave me some address to write my complaint to! What are my rights in a situation like this?? thank you for any and all advice!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">