• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Credit Union blaming ME???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

brismithejedi

What is the name of your state? Oklahoma

I bank at TFCU and a few month back my wife's driver's license was stolen. We reported it to the police and she had to get another one. About a month ago, her sister wrote checks from her closed account at another bank and signed them in my wife's name to cash them at our bank using my wife's old driver's license. She did this with 6 checks totaling over $1600. I only had $200 in there to begin with with my own checks out. Of course they came back and they bounced because she did this. The credit union is trying to pin the blame on us and is sending us to a collection agency instead of dealing with the fraud. The police department said it was the credit union's problem, but the credit union is still going after us for the money that we didn't have to begin with. We did nothing wrong and we're getting blamed. Can they bank be sued and if so, how and what type of attorney would I need to get. My sister-in-law has admitted to doing this now and is speaking to a lawyer about jail time, but I don't think the bank will budge. HELP Please!

A

aahlee

so why isnt your CRIMINAL sister in law paying you?

doesnt she have a diamond ring or two or three she can pawn and pay you?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">