• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Crooked car dealership

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Stellarosa420

If I go to a car dealership, trade my car, sign papers, and drive off in a "new " car, the is now mine? Why is the dealership calling me to tell me they now need a deposit, cause the bank didn't officially "approve" my loan, but they now a couple of days after I've "owned" the car approved my loan with s deposit, and I can make payment arrangements with the dealership for the deposit. I'm so confused. Not my first time buying a car, but the first time I signed contracts, that apparently was fake?! Where to take this dilemma? ! Lawyers? BBB? I'm afraid to go back to the dealership because of the way they approached me on the phone for money that I don't have.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
1) US law only.
2) Look at your contract. You are (were) free to return the vehicle.
3) Research "spot delivery" in your state.

LdiJ

1) US law only.
2) Look at your contract. You are (were) free to return the vehicle.
3) Research "spot delivery" in your state.
I can just about guarantee that their trade in will no longer be available to return to them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">