• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Crooked Towing Company

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

farallon

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I bought a car from a towing yard for my step son for $1,000. I told them it had to have a the pink slip, a clean title, and that I had to smog it and get it registered. They took my deposit, then the next day when I gave them the balance of money, they said that the lady inside mistakenly destroyed the pink slip. Instead they gave me a Certificate of Lien Sale. I signed nothing.

I took the car directly to the smog guy, who told me that 2 of the 4 cylinders were blown. I took the car back, gave them the keys, and demanded my money back. They said all they could do was offer me another vehicle. I looked at this option, another piece of **** and decided to fight them.

The owner of the Smog Shop said "did you give them back the car and the keys?" Then make copies of the papers, give them back the originals and demand your money. They have to return the money because what they did is illegal." (He felt so bad for me that he did not charge me!)

I hope this is so. Please advise.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">