• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cross Collateralization - HELP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sassysag1219

What is the name of your state? California

Im in the process of filing BK, with a non-attorney....so I need legal advise.
My question is, I was told by my bk preparer that if I were to file my personal loan for BK, which is linked to my auto loan, that I would still be able to file, as long as I "reaffirmed" the automobile..continue paying the car. I just contacted my credit union, (GASFCU) and they mentioned "cross-collaterization".....meaing that apparently I only got the loan because I had collateral (my auto), and if I file BK that they basically will take my car away from me. Can someone explain what this means, and can the reposses the car if I am reaffirming it??:

They are sending me a copy of a contract that apparently I signed agreeing to this, which I dont remember them mentioning by the way.

I only owe $2900 on the car...is it worth it to them to reposses it. Its a 92 lexus, with blue book value of probably $4000 if that....the car would need alot of body repairs/electronic

Please help.:confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">