• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

customers that doesn,t want to pay final Bill

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

edward1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WI

We are a local contractor firm, based in South East WI.
We finished a decent size deck the other week. The home owner said they were not going to pay, until they had a chance to look it over.

I figured that was fair enough, today after calling a few times, I got a hold of them. They said they had a few concerns. I inspected the deck and the issues are very minor, well lets say very very minor. Mostly due to little inprofections in the building material. Which I feel is a out of my control. It is a man made material hence the very little improfections. I feel their requests are a little over the top and extreme. A quick description, some boards feel loose, reason we used a biscuit system for expansion in the boards. I made them aware of this when selling the job. Second a few boards have a slight curve to them. When we installed them we straightend them as best as possible, so whats left is no more than an illusion.

I fell the job is great, if we try to correct any of their so called problems it could make it worse by trying to over work the material.

I know this reponse is not what they wanted. We need to get paid from this job we have a lot of moneis invested into it.

So we're lost can we make them pay us? Don't want be rude, but the people turned very very anal. I also feel trying to perfect the impossible, will kick us in the butt also.:eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">