• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CXL AOL Service yet they are still collecting

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

aolsucks

What is the name of your state? Hi my name is AOLSUCKS, this question is in reference to the state of California. I have recently been notified that my AOL account which I closed in November of 2002 has continued to have the monthly fee withdrawn. The reason I haven't noticed is because I had moved to Tokyo and had kept this account open only to have a US account available to me when I came back for visits. I have been trying to reach AOL via the internet with no luck they keep sending me a bogus billing department address and I have been trying now for about 2 weeks. I do not want to incurr additional charges. And by that I mean that I just found out that the few hundred dollars that I left in the account they have been taking month by month. So now that I am out of money my bank sent me notice of insufficient funds to my address in Tokyo. I usually use online banking with them and like I stated earlier this account is only available when back in CA. So regularly I don't have need of it. Well what can I do. I have sent countless emails to the webmaster at AOL and have yet to receive suffiecient help. Today I received another notice and now the fees are in excess of $60 - $80 dollars. I have told them that I would be willing to provide any information they need and as much as I can give them provided we do this over the internet or by correspondence. I need to know what I can do if they continue this.

Thank you for you assistance.

B

BlueT

Can you explain a little more. You said you closed your aol account but also kept it open for when you came back to the usa, you would have an internet connection. I know Direct Tv has a program where if you go on vacation, you can pay less. Your account is still active but no viewing. Is this something your talking about? I have a strong feeling this is a start of a flame war but still, if this is for real, tell me a few more facts and maybe i can help.

I have recently been notified that my AOL account which I closed in November of 2002 has continued to have the monthly fee withdrawn. The reason I haven't noticed is because I had moved to Tokyo and had kept this account open only to have a US account available to me when I came back for visits

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">