• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

cyberrebate.com

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

state of floida, cyberrebate.com went bankrupt -
I contacted my credit card and they said since I recieved the merchandise they can't dispute the claim. Is this true?

What wording should I use to get my point across about the 100% rebate of my money after the paperwork was filled out.

Also, how long (get your crystal ball out) does chapter 11 take and how do I find out why the company went bankrupt?

J

jlw1000

I am not sure how things will turn out with Cyberrebate. They have filed Chapter 11 bankruptcy, so they are trying to restructure their debt so that they can continue doing business. So everyone may still get their rebates, but I would not consider it a certainty. Cyberrebate customers will be notified of their rights once the Bankruptcy court has had a chance to review the case.

If you charged this to your credit cards, you may have some recourse. The credit card companies are unfamiliar in how to deal with this, because there has not been a company that offered rebates on the scale that Cyberrebate does (did?). This is not a guarantee that the credit card companies can help. If the charges posted to your account within the past 2 billing cycles, write to the credit card company and explain the situation. It is important that this is done before the time for disputes expires.

In your correspondence include your account number, the transaction date(s), the name of the company, the amount(s), and the nature of the problem. Something along these lines: Cyberrebate is not honoring our agreement. Once I send in all the rebate forms I am supposed to receive credit for $(?). I sent these forms on (Month Day, Year). I have attempted to contact Cyberrebate, but I am not getting a response.

If you are still unsure of how to proceed, contact each credit card company that has Cyberrebate transactions and get their advice.

In the meantime, all I can say is sit tight and hope for the best. The Chapter 11 may help Cyberrebate continue to do business and honor its promises to the customers.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">