• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Damage Claim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cur7is

What is the name of your state? Georgia - Company's in California

My husband and I placed an order for an item, and when it arrived here it didn't have the feature we were expecting it to have. We called and asked if it would be possible for us to order the feature separately, and we were told that they would look into it for us.

As my husband is setting up the item, he notices that it's damaged, and he calls the company back and arranges a damage claim.

The company received the item, looked it over, and said that there is damage to the box but no damage to the item. Because of this, we are only getting refunded for the item and not the shipping and handling (over $30). We were very mad about this, especially since it had taken a month just to get that far. We emailed telling them we had taken pictures of the damage done to the item and the box and we sent the pictures to them. She said we would receive the refund for the item and the shipping and handling "just to end" this and was very rude.

A few days ago, I noticed on our bank statement a refund for the amount of the item, but there was no refund for the shipping and handling amount. We contacted them again asking about this and sent them pictures of the damage. Again we were told there was no damage done to the item. We have pictures of the damage!! So once again I sent the pictures to them, and I have heard nothing. It's been almost two months, and this still isn't taken care of.

What action can be taken against the company so we can get our money back for the shipping + handling (over $30)?

(Rude comments from those that have nothing better to do with their time will be ignored. Thank you.)

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

cur7is said:
What is the name of your state? Georgia - Company's in California

"(Rude comments from those that have nothing better to do with their time will be ignored. Thank you.)"

==================================

My response:

Okay. Understood.

IAAL

C

cur7is

I asked for advice, not people who are going to be obnoxious. Is there no one on this forum who can give me legal advice about what to do about this company?

HomeGuru

cur7is said:
I asked for advice, not people who are going to be obnoxious. Is there no one on this forum who can give me legal advice about what to do about this company?

**A: yes.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

cur7is said:
"I asked for advice, not people who are going to be obnoxious. Is there no one on this forum who can give me legal advice about what to do about this company?"

========================================

My response:

Hey, take a "chill pill".

Your situation over a lousy $30.00 isn't a U.S. Supreme Court problem. We'll get to you when we're ready. So, sit back, relax, and be patient.

IAAL

C

cur7is

In a world where we barely have any money in our checking account and my son needs milk and baby food, trust me, $30 is a lot of money for us. It means 60 jars of baby food that'll feed my son for two weeks.

HomeGuru

Re: Re: Damage Claim

"(Rude comments from those that have nothing better to do with their time will be ignored. Thank you.)"

==================================

**A: now just wait a minute IAAL. If the above comment by the writer was true, and the comments by you and I were ignored, how then did our writer respond so chillingly? Was it a measly $30 rude awakening?

C

cur7is

To others read this, this is what I meant by rude comments. Anyone with any advice on my issue to get our refund?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

cur7is said:
"To others read this, this is what I meant by rude comments. Anyone with any advice on my issue to get our refund?"

=====================================

My response:

You see, the problem is this - - you baited us with your original comment. And, because of that, we've decided to make you wait. Normally, in your type of situation, I would have merely answered you. But, I didn't much like your initial comment. So, now you're getting comments about your comment.

Next time, don't come "out of the starting blocks" with that kind of a statement IF you intend to obtain FREE advice.

IAAL

HomeGuru

And now I am taking the liberty of making a comment to the comment that you made to our writer. My comment is that I have no comment at the peasant time.

C

cur7is

Making a comment about my last statement in my original entry would imply that you think of yourself as one of those people that have rude comments with nothing better to do with their time. Hm....

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

cur7is said:
Making a comment about my last statement in my original entry would imply that you think of yourself as one of those people that have rude comments with nothing better to do with their time. Hm....

My response:

If my comment about your comment requires more comments about your comments, which in turn, implies that my comments give your comment justification, then your implication about my comment to your comment should in no way imply that my comment was agreeing with your comment.

IAAL

C

cur7is

Okay, I admit this had me laughing...esp. Home Guru's response with "No comment". ROFL

I hopefully have the matter straightened out. I spoke to a different representative this time around and they're going to look into the matter. Otherwise it's a complaint filed with the Better Busines Bureau.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">