• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Day Care Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

BethR

MA~
I Signed a contract on Feb 17, 2000 for my daughter to start daycare on April 17th. The contract stated that I py her every Monday for that week and if I was to leave for any reason I must provide a two weeks notice.

On January 29,2001 I was provided with a new contract and was due back on January 31, 2001. The provider never explained to me any of the changes. I read the contract that evening and could not believe my eyes. Her changes were so drastic. She now wants to be paid monthly on the first Monday of the month and wants a month notice if I leave. This was way too much for money inadvance and certainly not enough time. I felt like I was put between a rock and a hard place. I either sign this contract or find a new daycare. Well, I found a new daycare and told the provider on Thursday February 1st that my daughter will not be back. I explained to her why and she said well, we can negotiate. I told she should of told me all the changes before. She stated I signed the previous contract and I need to pay her for two weeks. I said no you changed the contract. If her contract run yearly changes given to me January 29th. This is not the date I signed the contract or that my daughter started daycare.

She is now sueing me. I feel that I was not given enough time for the contract change and she is obligated to give me more time then three days. Can she win? Will the judge take into consideration the lack of noticed I received in the contract changes.

Thank you for any advice

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">