• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dealer add-ons not included in final sale

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Craigola

Tennessee. Purchased a new car. Window factory sticker plus dealer add-ons sticker attached to window. The car was advertised on the Internet at a special price price. During the test drive I asked the salesman if they were going to try to add those extra charges for the dealer add-ons when we started negotiations. He stated that they were included in the price. (The car was last years model). Most add-ons were splash guards, clear coat, ding guards etc. The first one listed was my major selling point because I had researched it before test driving it. $1295 for a maintenance plan. Their website shows the $1295 plan is the 5 year plan. (A 3 year plan is available free of charge on all used cars sold at this lot which is a $795 plan).

Anyway after two hours of negotiations for my trade in and payment plans I of course was ready to go. When I got home and got out my documents and glove compartment contents I realized there was no info on the maintenance plan other than a post card like thing in the glove compartment. I thought it was a plan through the manufacturer and I'd have to fill out forms and send in but nothing was included. Looked online again and found it was a dealer only program. Returned the next day and asked the sales manager and he stated that since I got a special price that was not included. Not even the plan that's free on the used cars. The salesman was off and could not verify that he told me add-ons were included. The sales manager is pretty adamant that I will not getting it but wants me to return tomorrow when the salesman is present. I have low hopes of this working out due to my word against his kind of deal.

I think that if I negotiate a purchase on a car and test drive it twice with the window stickers including the option is on the vehicle and after finalizing the sale they clean the vehicle and put those window stickers in my glove compartment that I should have been told I wasn't getting that option. (The add-on sticker has the VIN on it, if that matters)

Do I have any legal standing?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">